At Yoolink, we are obsessed with being user friendly. We want the service to be simple to set up and simple to use. It should not be about features, it should be about users. So we adapted the interface to meet specific needs you told us about. Here is a list of recent updates and the reason why we implemented them.
- First it is now easier to edit something you published. No matter where you are on the service you can now edit an item through a simple interface. Each user can edit the title and the description of a document. Tags can be modified by admins or by the person that actually saved the document. If an admin edits a document, he will see all the people that saved that document, and will be able to change tags for each user. So it is way easier to edit tags and description, and users still keep their own tag for each document they saved.
- We revamped the document-upload feature to make it more intuitive. When a user upload a new version for an existing file, he will find that document in his personal space and his teammates will be updated through their news feeds.
If users upload a picture or a video, a thumbnail will be systematically displayed in the feeds to improve the feed comprehension. You can also find any document with the type-filter in the search engine.
- Links are now opened in a new tab. We realized that few users use the third button of their mouse or right click to “Open in a new tab”. So we decided to change the setting and from now on, new links published in your feeds will be opened in a fresh tab.
- Post micro-message from the “says” tab. It appeared it is not obvious that you can post micro-message from the small prompt in the upper-right part of the screen. So we added a new form on the “says” tab to make it easier to post micro-message to your team or company.
- Email real-time notification is no more systematic when you share a document with someone. We unchecked the box by default since the desktop app and the email update were already bringing information to people. It is still possible to send real-time email notification by checking the box before you send something, but now it’s a choice!
- A bookmarklet dedicated to IE6 is now available for IE6 users who cannot install the IE plug in. Still today, many companies are (unfortunately) using Internet Explorer 6 and do not allow employees to install their own browser or applications. So we developed a specific bookmarklet for IE6. YoolinkPro can therefore be deployed in any company with any IT policy. Keep in mind that YoolinkPro is compatible with Google Frame that bolster IE6, bringing a fresh engine to enhance IE6’s users Internet experience.